Guest Post: 7 Reasons You Need To Own A Breitling Watch
I think it’s fair to say that when it comes to timekeeping, 7 Reasons wouldn’t be your go-to guys. The promise we gave you was that we would always post at 9 a.m.. Not a minute before and certainly not twelve hours after. The latter, frustratingly for all of us, is what happens/happened more than we’d like/have liked. If only we had a decent watch. A Breitling for instance. Judging by today’s 7 Reasons guest writers - Time2 Luxury Watches - they sound like the perfect solution to our timekeeping failings.
Luxury watches are cool. That’s not reason number one, incidentally, that’s just a little fact for you. And Breitling watches are cooler than most. To be perfectly honest, when it comes to why you should have a Breitling strapped to your wrist, it’s pretty tricky to narrow the reasons down to seven. You may want to get some J-Lo style body insurance going on, though, as most of these luxury Swiss watches tip the scales between £5,000-10,000…
….got that hand insurance sorted? Then let’s look at the seven reasons why you need a Breitling watch in your life.
1. They’re Swiss. To be fair, most luxury watches ARE Swiss, but not many hold a candle to Breitling when it comes to being effortlessly cool. That’s why you’re very unlikely to find A-List celebrities rocking lesser known luxury Swiss watches like a Golana (not a subsidiary of Gola) or a Skagen. In the same way you wouldn’t find an A-lister driving a Skoda. Breitling watches are synonymous with cool, the question is, ‘Are you cool enough to wear one?’
2. They’re Lifesavers. In the interests of full disclosure, not all Breitling watches are lifesavers. But they do have a collection called Emergency – typically sported by pilots and Indiana Jones types. They come fitted with an emergency distress beacon which can be activated in the most distressing of circumstances – such as crashing your luxury private jet in the desert or on a tropical island inhabited by black smoke and bad actors – á la Lost.
3. You’ll Get Yourself A Celebrity Wife. Brad Pitt wears a Breitling and he’s married to Angelina Jolie. Need I say more? Yes? Well, OK, Tom Cruise wears a Breitling and he’s married to, err, Katie Holmes…..don’t hold that against them.
4. It’ll Get You a Good Job. If you turn up to a job interview rocking one of these luxury watches, it won’t matter that you were booted out of your last job as an investment banker for losing your company billions of pounds. One look at the Breitling on your wrist and they’ll see that you’re a good egg and worthy of their employment.
5. Just Look At Them. Seriously, just take a look at some of the Breitling watches on the market. Difficult to deny they are pretty impressive timepieces – see a couple of the more striking (and expensive) ones below:
6. It Could Be Your Nest-Egg. Luxury watches, and Breitlings in particular, hold their value particularly well. So, if you suffer the misfortune of falling on hard times and you want some caviar money, you could always hock your Breitling to keep you in the fish eggs that you have become accustomed to.
7. You’ll Know What Time It Is. An obvious point, perhaps, and a perk which is by no means limited to Breitling watches, but one that shouldn’t be overlooked. You will know what the time is. So, if a pretty lady asks you the time (which she will…..you’re wearing a Breitling), you’ll be able to tell her that it’s time to get her coat.