Guest Post: 7 Reasons Why a Luxury Watch is the Perfect Wooing Tool
Been striking out with the ladies? Take a look down at your wrist – Casio, right? That’s where you’re going wrong, my friend. A £10 watch just doesn’t cut the mustard with the ladies anymore – you need something with a bit more gravitas. Let’s take a look at why luxury watches are the perfect tool for wooing the ladies. Fortunately, given the name of this site, there are exactly seven reasons why luxury mens watches are the perfect lady temptress. And we being with number one.
1. The Illusion of Wealth. Even if you live in a cardboard box and exist on a strict diet of pot noodles, you will be able to convince the fairer sex that you are a well-to-do country gent if you are spotted sporting a luxury timepiece on your wrist – Panerai, IWC and Baume & Mercier watches are the ideal choice here, such as the tasty little number below. (Where you acquire the £3,000 from to make the purchase is your own concern.)
2. Look Like A WWI Pilot. No, not in the sense that you’re a distinguished looking 105 year with multiple medals draped proudly across your chest – more in the sense that there are some fantastic mens watches on the market today that look like they’re straight out of WWI – such as the Vintage WWI collection from Bell and Ross (see below). These spiffing timepieces wouldn’t look out of place on the wrist of a brave Sopwith Camel pilot – and what woman wouldn’t swoon in the mere presence of a Sopwith Camel pilot (even if you’re not actually a pilot and work in, say, search engine optimisation)?
3. Women Like Shiny Things. I may be confusing women with magpies here, but I’m fairly certain that most ladyfolk like shiny objects – enter luxury watches from the likes of Jaeger LeCoultre, Ellicott and ChronoSwiss.
4. Good Conversation Starter. We’ve all been on dates which are awkward and the conversation doesn’t exactly flow forth, but this won’t be an issue if you’re sporting a striking luxury watch – I imagine that the conversation would go thusly if you’ve got a Panerai or Zenith watch on your wrist:
Lady: So…..what do you do?
You: That doesn’t matter – check out my Zenith watch.
Lady: Errm – OK.
You: (Revealing timepiece slowly and impressively) Cost £10,000 that.
I’ll leave the rest to your imagination…
5. Luxury Watches Elevate Any Outfit. Even if you’re not a stylish fellow, you will find that a well-chosen luxury watch will superbly compliment any outfit and drag you (kicking and screaming in some cases) into the upper echelons of high fashion – where ladies are much more receptive to your charms.
6. Luxury Watches Open Doors. Figuratively. Unless you’re rocking some sort of James Bond-esque number. You’re likely to find that if you wearing the latest Baume & Mercier, Quinting or U-Boat watch, nightclub bouncers will let you into the VIP area, restaurant maître d’s are less dismissive of you and you can queue jump at Alton Towers – all of which are likely to impress the fairer sex.
7. You Will Seem Cultured. Women love culture. Men love to appear cultured and luxury men’s watches are a great means of achieving this objective. Any lady’s knees will turn to jelly when you announce that you bought your Jaeger LeCoultre watch on a business trip to Geneva – when you and I both know that a) you’re scared of flying and b) you bought it online from The Watch Gallery.