Guest Post: 7 Reasons To Shop For Car Insurance
Auto insurance is not typically a product people buy for enjoyment. But since it is required in 49 of the 50 states, drivers have to buy it and driving without insurance can lead to financial ruin. Well, at least it is more fun than paying taxes.
With that out of the way, here are our top seven reasons to shop for car insurance:
1. Because The Cavemen Told You To. If you spend any time watching television, listening to the radio, or been online, you have likely been inundated by insurance ads. There are quirky women, presidential-like men, bald, aging men, geckos, and cavemen all pitching you insurance. Car insurance companies spend billions of dollars a year on advertising. Don’t just go with the big companies. Smaller to medium sized insurers that don’t advertise may be able to offer you a better combination of price and coverage.
2. Because You Like Overpaying. Comparing rates between companies is key. Sure, it is easy to stay with your same company and just pay their new bill but if you have not shopped for insurance in the past 6 months, you are likely overpaying. Rates change frequently and can vary significantly by company. But don’t compromise on coverage.
3. Because Your Insurance Needs Never Change. When you drive, you put yourself at financial risk. If you are at fault in an accident, you could be personally responsible for all financial damages caused to others. You want to make sure you have the protection necessary to cover the value of your home and other financial assets. Make sure you deal with A.M. Best Rated insurers for maximum protection.
4. Because You Hate Discounts. Many insurance companies offer a wide range of discounts for customers. However, don’t think you are getting a better deal just because a company offers you a lot of “discounts”. Take the time to shop around and see whose “discounts” are best.
5. Because You Got Out Of Dodge. When you move, it is highly likely your insurance rates will change. Certain neighborhoods are statistically more risk for insurance companies than others in terms of the volume of claims. Rates can change significantly when you move to a new state so investigate this in advance. Moving is a good opportunity to shop for the best rate for your new location.
6. Because Your Car Is A Piece Of Junk. If your car is a piece of junk, you still need insurance but you may no longer need collision or comprehensive coverage to protect the vehicle. You will still need liability coverage at minimum and in some states, personal injury protection and uinsured/uninderinsured motorist coverage may also be required. But, if your car is a real piece of junk, you need a new car and will need new insurance to protect it.
7. Because It’s Fun. Auto insurance shopping is no party but it is fun to save hundreds of dollars on your rates. Take the time to comparison shop. It could go a long way towards paying for your next party.
These seven reasons really do highlight why it’s so important to shop around for Car insurance, even if your annual premium has gone down with your current provider you may find that you can actually get a better deal by looking around. The discount comment was probably my favourite as they can often mask hidden fees or the add ons such as breakdown cover might not be as competitive.
Surely there is only one reason? To get the cheapest price is the only one people are going to care about.
That picture is exceptional! It raises many questions, like how did that car get there? But this article is useful, as someone who is looking for insurance after passing my test it has given me some things to consider.
Wtf I never thought insurance would be this in depth. Why is it this hard?
This was fine until the last point! You say it’s fun but then it isn’t??? Make your mind up!
Haha! Show those bourgeois gits what for! First their insurance, then their homes!!
Oh be quiet Tony, this is about how to save money on insurance, not you. This guide helped me and my Grandson find him cheaper insurance. Costs an arm and a leg these days!
https://www.twitter.com. Great site this!