Guest Post: 7 Reasons Why A Credit Card Might Save Your Life
1. It Just Might Save Your Marriage Someday. Women love to shop. It is part of their genetic makeup. If you are married to a woman who thrives on shopping, and you deny her the fulfillment of this instinctive, natural urge, you could very well end up causing very real marital problems. You know the old saying “hell hath no fury like a woman’s scorn”? That phrase was coined by a department store. So when your wife finds a way to spend all of your money, you will be owing a debt of gratitude (and interest and fees) to the best credit card companies.
2. Your Parents Refuse To Raise Your Allowance To Keep Up With Inflation. You need money to go out with your friends. You need money to treat your significant other on a date. You need money to put gas in your (parents’) car. You need money to buy the latest gadgets and accessories and to keep up with all of the stuff that your friends have. But when your parents refuse to give you the money to fund your lifestyle, and you can’t (or won’t) find a job, then a freshly minted credit card, made for students, can be a godsend.
3. You Get Trapped In An Elevator Or Locked In A Room And Can’t Get Out. Credit cards are notorious for getting you trapped… financially. But they can also help you get out of traps… physically! These slender little shards of plastic can help you unlock doors and windows, and can help you to pry open practically anything that needs to be opened. Who would have thought that a credit card just might help you get out of a difficult situation rather than get you stuck in one.
4. You Need To Do Your Part To Save The Economy. The economy is in shambles. We’ve all seen the devastation caused by the collapse of the housing market and the implosion of the job market. You might think that the prudent thing to do in during these tough economic times is to hunker down and keep tighter control over your money and reign in your spending habits. But if you do that, the economy is just going to worsen, isn’t it? If we want the economy to recover, then we all need to put our confidence back into the economy and start spending again. So get that credit card out and start spending, and do your part to save the economy!
5. Using Your Credit Cards Is A Matter Of National Security. One of the most sacred institutions of the United States is the pursuit of the American Dream. Indeed, keeping the American Dream alive is one of the stated goals that our politicians in Washington DC have been emphasizing in their attempts to revive the economy. Therefore, it is your patriotic duty as an American to keep the American Dream alive by keeping the credit card companies in business. After all, how long can we expect them to survive on government bailouts? Their bailout should come from the private sector. And what better way to help keep the credit card companies in business than to use your credit cards?
6. The World Is Coming To An End And You Need To Safeguard Your Cash. The Mayans predicted that the world will end in 2012. Scientists claim that an asteroid will be coming close enough to impact the earth during this century. World War III could happen at any time now. If a run on the banks would occur and people start hoarding cash, you could always rely on plastic to help you survive the economic uncertainty that lies ahead.
7. When You Run Out Of Money Every Month, At Least You Will Have The Credit Cash Back Rewards To Help You Keep Afloat. If you are living paycheck to paycheck, using one credit card to pay off another every single month, then at least you should be looking forward to your credit card cash back rewards! When you find yourself constantly running out of money every month, at least you know that all of the money you spent on your credit cards, keeping a balance and accruing interest, will pay off when you get those cash back rewards every month! A credit card can really help you out when money is tight!