Guest Post: 7 Reasons Mobile Broadband Can Save Your Life
Today we welcome back to the 7 Reasons sofa, Rob Clymo. We didn’t make it easy for him mind, we hid the sofa in a derelict house. He found it though. Using mobile broadband. Right, cheesy set-up out of the way, here’s Rob.
Mobile broadband allows people to contact you pretty much anywhere you go. Is that a good thing? Not if you’re on the run, but if you’re a social networking slave then it can be an essential. Who knows, it may be so invaluable it could even save your skin…
1. Starvin’ Marvin. It’s late, you’re on the train going home from work and the fridge is gonna be empty when you get there. So why not whip out the laptop and order some goodies online? You’ll be lucky, because our rail network seems capable of knocking out all but the most resilient of mobile broadband services. Which one is best then? Read the reviews silly.
2. Keep Your Girlfriend. You’ve forgotten her birthday yet again and you’re not able to pick up a pressie because you’re holed up in the local hostelry. What better use for mobile broadband than to order up a gift and get it over to her thanks to the power of the internet. Some virtual flowers might not go amiss either.
3. Tickets Please. She’s made you go on an adventure weekend in the middle of nowhere and some seriously limited sporting event tickets are coming up for grabs. Nip out to the loo with your netbook in hand and, under the cover of darkness, log in before you log out. The tickets will be our own little online secret and she’ll be none the wiser.
4. Get Me Home. You’re on the way back from said adventure weekend when the biggest part of the odyssey turns out to be the journey back itself. You’re lost in the back of beyond with only sheep for company and with little left in the tank. Mobile broadband bails you again, thanks to sat nav apps. Your little box of tricks can even tell you where the cheapest petrol prices are. Neat huh?
5. Speed Impresses. So mobile broadband provides you with a window on the world no matter where you are. In fact, just as long as you can get a signal you’ll be in touch with friends and family at all times. Sure, network providers say in their advertising that you’ll get blistering speeds, but when pages take minutes rather than seconds to load you might not be so convinced. You wanna watch a movie while you’re out and about? Go to the cinema…
6. GGGG. Things will get better though thanks to the forthcoming 4G network upgrade that’s set to come online in the next couple of years. What’s that? Oh yes, they haven’t even sold the licenses for it yet and the auction to bid is set for next year. So truly high-speed mobile broadband is coming and good things come to those who wait. Just make sure you’ve got a device that’ll be able to use it. Which means you’ll have to buy all new kit right?
7. Night Nurse. Gadgets are getting more sophisticated all the time, and now with apps aplenty being available for the likes of the Apple iPad and countless Android tablets, you’ll soon be able to use your tech kit to carry out just about any task you care to mention. There are personal trainer apps already and a few medical related ones too – how soon before your sickly body is looked after by a virtual doctor? Not that long by the sound of it. Nurse, the screens…