Russian Roulette Sunday: The Winners!
Last week you entered a competition. No, not you. Nor you. Or you. But, you. Yes, you. This week we take great pleasure in announcing the winners. Are you one of them? You’ll find out soon. First though, let’s look at the answers you should have given us.
1) When the 7 Reasons team successfully invades France, what do we plan to replace the Eiffel Tower with? A burger van.
2) What colour should you paint your front door? Orange.
3) Which date should be known as the day of the sausage? 24th December. (Though we did accept Christmas Eve).
4) At what time should you not carry out bicycle maintenance? 3am.
5) What vehicle should you not drive up the M4? A Golf Buggy.
6) How many sailors make up the 7 Reasons sponsored Mongolian Navy? Seven.
7) What type of dancer are at least 50% of the 7 Reasons team afraid of? Flamenco.
So, all those who got 100% were put in a hat. Well, their names were. And it wasn’t so much a hat, more of a bowl. But either way the winners were in there. And the names came out like this.
Simon Best. You are a winner!
Claire Quinn. You are a winner!
Aspasia Matthaiou. You are a winner!
But then I looked back into my bowl and I was overcome with a feeling of utter sorrow. You see, there was just one name left. (What are you smirking at? So what if we only had four entries?). It felt somewhat harsh to leave Giles Clarkydum on his lonesome. So I didn’t. I whipped him out of the bowl and put him on the table.
Giles Clarkydum. You are a winner!
And it is only just seeing as this was their approach to entering.
Well done to all the winners. A set of propaganda postcards will soon be landing on your door mat.
*Ceci Masters was disqualified for not following simple instructions and entering via the medium of secret code on Facebook.