7 Reasons That Not Having a Key is Frustrating
My key isn’t working, and this is going to be a difficult thing to convey to you, but I don’t mean the key to a door, a safe or a bicycle lock. I mean a key on my keyboard. My comuter keyboard. But I can’t tell you which key isn’t working, because I can’t tye the damned letter because the key isn’t working. Just to be clear about it though, it’s the letter that comes between O and Q in the alhabet and is situated immediately to the right of the letter O on a qwerty keyboard. There’s a big icture of it just below. Here are seven reasons that not having a working key is frustrating.
1. Google Is Not Always Useful. I first realised that my key wasn’t working earlier this evening while trying to access a friend’s blog. It’s called Sectator Sort. Oh, I thought, that’s going to be a bit of a roblem. So I did what I always do when a technical issue arises with my comuter. I searched Google for a solution. It wasn’t very successful. I tyed: “Hel! The key on my keyboard has stoed working”. The results weren’t any use at all. Never mind, there are more ways to skin a cat.
2. The Direct Route. It occurred to me that I didn’t have to Google the roblem. I could just go directly to the relevant section of the keyboard manufacturer’s website. I even knew the address. I tyed www.ale.com/suort and was most disleased with the result. Because I had a 7 Reasons ost to reare for the following morning. Never mind, I decided that I would just get on with it, and exlain at the to of the iece that my key isn’t working (which is what I’ve done). I then oened Word and began to tye u my notes.
3. The Law. I got as far as the title. I realised at once, that if I went ahead with the ost I had lanned to write, we’d robably end u in court. There was no way round it. 7 Reasons Shane Warne Is The Most Inventive Deliverer of Leg Sin That The World Has Seen was going to have to be ostoned. I thought I’d have another go at getting the keyboard fixed first though. Because I had an idea.
4. Email. I could email my writing artner, Jon, for hel. While I was in Word I wrote a brief exlanation of my roblem, and a few key hrases that I’d like him to Google for me and then I tried to log into my email account. My assword didn’t work. Bugger. My assword contains a . In fact, my asswords for just about everything do. So it was no good, I was definitely going to have to write something else.
5. Other Titles. I went back to my notebook and trawled through the list of otential ost titles I have jotted down there. I quickly discarded 7 Reasons That The en Is Mightier Than The Sword, 7 Reasons That it’s Fun to lay ranks on eole, 7 Reasons That irates Are Amazing, 7 Reasons That Graveyards Are Sooky and 7 Reasons That Sace Exloration Is ointless. That left me with 7 Reasons That Valentine’s Day is for Girls. Which would have been fine if we ublished it in February, but didn’t seem very toical in October. So I decided to write about my key roblem instead. To hel me get some focus, I started with the icture.
6. hotosho. We always ut a icture at the to of every 7 Reasons ost – usually a hoto that we’ve got from Google Images – or occasionally one that we’ve made ourselves in hotosho. I soon realised that utting the letter into Google Images wasn’t going to yield an image of the letter , so I hotoshoed one. It took me a while to work out how I was going to do it but eventually I did. I tyed in a letter b and flied the image over. That was clever thinking and I felt quite roud of myself.
7. ride Comes Before A Fall. And then I wrote for a coule of hours, the stuff you see u there, totally sontaneously without making any notes at all. And then I got to reason seven, and I aused to consider it. And while I was thinking, something occurred to me. Something quite fundamental. I could have cut and asted the letter from an existing document. What a illock!